VolunteerismGiving Back to the Community
From 1736 when Benjamin Franklin co-founded our nation’s first formally organized all volunteer fire company, to the establishment of the American Red Cross in 1881, and then to today’s digital age providing instantaneous matching of desires to help with appropriate organizations, volunteers have played a significant role in our society.
Volunteerism is strong within Collier County. Here, we provide you with helpful information to allow you to begin, or maybe even continue, your volunteer efforts.
Collier County Volunteer Programs
- Collier County Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Collier County Domestic Animal Services
- Collier County Adopt-a- Road
- Collier County Parks & Recreation
- Collier County Public Schools
- Collier County Supervisor of Elections
- Collier County Public Library
- Collier County Sheriff’s Office
Other Volunteer Resources
Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT)
CERT educates individuals about disaster preparedness for hazards such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, disaster psychology and disaster medical operations. North Collier Fire Rescue hosts several CERT courses each year.
North Collier Fire Rescue Volunteer Firefighter Program
Are you interested in serving as a volunteer firefighter?
For more information, please click here to e-mail Captain Chris Spencer.