Life Safety & Fire PreventionProtecting Life and Property
The Life Safety & Fire Prevention Division of North Collier Fire Control and Rescue District adopts the District’s All-Hazard response philosophy, understanding that emergency services must have a solid foundation of support to be efficient.
The Life Safety Division is supported by a team of Fire Marshal, Fire Inspectors, Fire Plan Examiners and Public Education Officers, all working together to ensure the public protection of life and property.
Additionally, the District utilizes the Community Risk Reduction (CRR) process to provide the appropriate resources to match the emergency that may occur or has occurred. The CRR process identifies and prioritizes local risks followed by the integrated and strategic investment of resources (emergency response and prevention) to reduce their occurrence and impact to our valued community.
- New Construction and Existing Building Plan Review/Inspections
- Fire Investigations
- Business Tax/Occupational License Annual/Periodic Life Safety Inspections
- Pre-Incident Planning
- Special Event Permitting & Inspections
- Community Risk Reduction Management
- Public Fire Prevention & Injury Prevention Education
- Water Supply Distribution
- Hydrant Acceptance
- Crowd Manager Certification
- CERT Team Training (Community Emergency Response Team)