The Importance of Training
North Collier firefighters receive training both on and off-site to maintain their expertise, to increase their safety and efficiency on scene and to provide a high level of excellence in response to emergencies within the District.
The Training Division develops and administers the District’s in-house fire training through innovative hands-on exercises, based on the latest and safest training techniques. Training is a major part of the District’s ISO rating review. It is the Training Division’s goal to both meet and exceed ISO fire training requirements.
Adhering to state and ISO requirements, the training program includes, but is not limited to:
- Use of training facilities including burn room, forcible entry training, vehicle extrication and vehicle fire prop
- Company Training including Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), Rapid Intervention and Search & Rescue Training
- Certification Classes for Officers (internal and external to the District) including Fire Officer I & II and Fire Inspector
- New Driver and Operator Training including Pump Operator Training
- Existing Driver and Operator Training including Brush Truck Training for Wildland Fires
- Training on Hazardous Materials
- Recruit Training