Ride - Along Program
Interested in a Ride-Along?
Are you interested in a Ride-Along with one of our crews? Participating individuals can ride with a fire company for an entire day from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. If you are interested, complete the form below to be contacted by a member of our staff who will coordinate the Ride-Along for you.
Rules & Policies
RULES AND POLICY
• Only one request will be permitted every 90 days by a qualified individual.
• Shorts, dresses, cutoffs, sandals or open-toed shoes are some of the items considered as inappropriate dress. Any
observer failing to meet the appropriate dress and hygiene requirements, or failing to conduct themselves
appropriately, will be asked to leave the station and be excluded from any future observer programs.
• A qualified individual is one that is at least 15 years old (15-17 year olds require parental consent), in good
health and possesses a valid driver’s license or learner’s permit.
• Each individual requesting a Ride-Along shall:
– Read and sign the General Liability Waiver; and
– Read and sign the “Guidelines for the Ride-Along Program”.
• The individual shall not interfere with any emergency operation and follow the direction of the station officer on
duty, at all times including but not limited to Station, Apparatus and on scene of any incident.
• The individual shall remain in the apparatus upon reaching the scene of any fire or emergency call for safety
concerns unless directed to move to a safer location by the officer.
• The individual can only ride with a BC or on an Engine or Ladder truck.
• The following fire stations can participate in the program: Station 40, Station 44 and Station 45.
• Individuals may ride between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday to Saturday. NO SUNDAYS OR HOLIDAYS.
• The District, at its sole discretion, can end or stop a scheduled ride-along, for matters of public safety or